Learn Sign Language: Lesson 01 (ASL)
ASL (American Sign Language). Learn ASL by immersion. You’ll be amazed at how quickly you can start having real conversations in ASL. Dr. Bill Vicars (Deaf/hh) of “ASL University” will teach you ASL using his innovative and interactive question-based approach. In this video he teaches basic ASL to “Jen” — an actual beginner who only knows the ABC’s.
For ASL lessons and a self-study program, see:
For a good “100 First ASL Signs” resource, see:
To learn basic ASL fingerspelling, see
For fingerspelling practice, see
How to use ASL University to learn sign language for free:
1. Visit and become familiar with the ASL University website.
2. Bookmark the official ASL University YouTube master playlist:
3. For quick ASL reviews (to prevent memory extinction) bookmark the “Signs” channel playlist page:
or more specifically:
4. If you use a desktop or laptop computer you can look up ASL signs using this page:
5. If you use a mobile device you can look up ASL signs using this page:
6. If you can’t find a sign after using the search options at Lifeprint.com then consider applying to join the Lifeprint-ASLU Facebook group and asking your question there. See:
7. Go through the ASL University Lessons for free:
Your comments, questions, or suggestions regarding ASL are always welcome.
To contact Dr. Bill Vicars, see:
If you would enjoy the free ASL lessons at LIfeprint.com you might love the premium version of the ASL lessons available for a low-cost subscription. For information see:
Ways to support the ASL University channel:
1. Click the “thumb up” (like) icon on videos at
2. Click the “subscribe” button at (if you haven’t done so yet)
3. Click the “Share” link and share the videos.
4. Visit the “ASLU” bookstore at (feel free to suggest new products that you would like to see).
5. Buy some ASL University “official” clothing or ASLU gear:
6. Donate via:
7. For other donation options, see: If you have any friends who might be in a position to do so you might want to consider inviting them to donate — thus supporting Deaf children and the promotion of free sign language resources via Lifeprint.com
Again, just to be clear: donations appreciated because they help keep ASL University going:
#Learn #Sign #Language #Lesson #ASL
learn sign language
Learn ASL,Learn Sign Language,ASL,American Sign Language,ASL Lessons,Sign Language,signing,free asl lessons,Dr. Bill,Bill Vicars,how do you sign?,ASL University,ASL phrases,ASL online,Free ASL,Free ASL lessons,ASL curriculum,fastest way to learn ASL,Deaf ASL teacher,basic ASL,ASL for beginners,start learning ASL,ALS,American Sing Language,Sign Langage,Sign Langauge,signs language